Mary Morrisson--Musicians and Dancers
Learn Scottish Ceilidh Dancing. The traditional social dancing of Scotland. Mary and Jenny will teach you to dance traditional Scottish ceilidh dances. Sponsored by NY Caledonian Club. NY Caledonian Club
Dance your newly learned ceilidh dances at upcoming Burns suppers, Tartan week celebrations, weddings, parties, etc.
- Saturday, Jan 20, 2018, 2-4PM
- Saturday, Mar 24, 2018, 2-4PM
- Thursday, Apr 5, 2018, 7-9PM
We are traditional musicians and dancers in the New York City area who love the traditional music and dance of Scotland and its neighbors, both near and far, and all the dance forms that are related, including Contra Dance, English Dance, Irish, ceilidh, hard-shoe, etc.
We play traditional music for Scottish Ceilidh dances, Scottish Country, English, Irish, and Contra dances and classes, as well as for celebrations and special events including weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, Robert Burns Birthday and Tartan Day celebrations, Celtic and Renaissance festivals and any other event where exciting and uplifting music is appropriate.
For more information, please email:
- Wild Thistle Contra Dance - Contra Dance music; fiddle, piano, hammered dulcimer
- Wild Thistle Scottish - Scottish Country and Ceilidh Dance music and song; fiddle, piano, small pipes
- Madra Confach - Scottish and Ceilidh dance music - fiddle, piano, guitar, drums
- Mary Morrisson Scottish Trio - Scottish and Ceilidh dance music, fiddle/piano
- The English Dragonflies - English dance and early music, fiddle, piano, recorder
- Butterscotch and Honey - fiddle and piano
- Honey and Biscuits - fiddle and concertina