Mary Morrisson--Musicians and Dancers
Learn Scottish Ceilidh Dancing. The traditional social dancing of Scotland. Taught by Mary and Jenny. Live music. Sponsored by The NY Caledonian Club. Click here to register in advance.
Dance your newly learned ceilidh dances at upcoming Burns suppers, Tartan week celebrations, weddings, parties, etc.
- Saturday, October 27, 2018, 1pm - 3pm
- Saturday, November 17, 2018, 1pm - 3pm
- Saturday, December 15, 2018, 1pm - 3pm
Classes at Studios 353, 353 W 48th St, New York, NY (Manhattan)
Sign up at NY Caledonian Club/Scottish Studies.
We are traditional musicians and dancers in the New York City area who love the traditional music and dance of Scotland and its neighbors, both near and far, and all the dance forms that are related, including Contra Dance, English Dance, Irish, ceilidh, hard-shoe, etc.
We teach, call for, and play, traditional music for Scottish Ceilidh dances, Scottish Country, English, Irish, and Contra dances and classes, as well as for celebrations and special events including weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, Robert Burns Birthday and Tartan Day celebrations, Celtic and Renaissance festivals and any other event where exciting and uplifting music and/or dance is desirable.
For more information, please email:
- Wild Thistle Contra Dance - Contra Dance music; fiddle, piano, hammered dulcimer
- Wild Thistle Scottish - Scottish Country and Ceilidh Dance music and song; fiddle, piano, small pipes
- Madra Confach - Scottish and Ceilidh dance music - fiddle, piano, guitar, drums
- Mary Morrisson Scottish Trio - Scottish and Ceilidh dance music, fiddle/piano
- The English Dragonflies - English dance and early music, fiddle, piano, recorder
- Butterscotch and Honey - fiddle and piano
- Honey and Biscuits - fiddle and concertina